beautiful ornaments, Christmas, Christmas tree, DIY ornaments, Dollar Store crafts, Dollar Tree, holidays, how to make nutcracker ornaments, inexpensive nutcrackers, nutcracker, nutcracker ornaments, plaid ribbon, set of nutcrackers, tartan, Xmas
Ornaments can be crazy expensive, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for a skimpy tree or a tree full of balls; it just means you need to have your eyes open. The Dollar Tree has adorable 8″ nutcrackers for $1 that I have made into ornaments that look gorgeous on my nine foot tree.
And if the stigma of something from a Dollar Store gives you pause, bear in mind, I have ornaments on my tree that are extremely pricey and these blend in seamlessly, and I am very picky!!
Of course they aren’t meant to hang, so I made a few changes:
1. Glued gold ribbon to the top.
- Some had little “balls” on the top, so I glued the ribbon to either side.
- Some did not, so I glued it directly to the top then put a little jewel on top of that to disguise the seam.
2. Tied a beautiful ribbon on top of that to really take it up a notch. I like doing double bows, but that’s just a preference :-)
Some other things to use them for:
- Gift wrapping: I love to tie one into the ribbon of a present during the holidays. Great for adults and children…
- Place card holders
- Wreath flourishes
- Make a set to give as a Christmas present
Although I’m sure you have enough to do, if you are out and about, pop into a Dollar Tree and pick some up :-) I hope you like my tip and find it useful during the holiday season!